I seem to be having a repeatable problem. I record a program from Windows Media Center. I edit it in Windows Movie Maker (remove the comercials,etc). I then Publish it to DVD. Windows DVD maker fires up and a few clicks later, the encodeing process starts.
I found that if I do a short program (30mins to 1 hour) it works fine. If I burn anything over 1:30 mins, the encoding completes (after a rediculously long period of time), then the burn starts. The burn gets to 98.9% then fails. I have about 6 coasters from the same attempted burn.
I get the same info in Event viewer:
Log Name: Application
Source: Dvd Maker
Date: 3/17/2007 11:35:10 AM
Event ID: 1001
Task Category: None
The Dvd Maker engine returned an error code (2131042562) when burning the disc.
<Provider Name="Dvd Maker" />
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2007-03-17T15:35:10.000Z" />
It would be great to take these already encoded files and burn them to a DVD with some other application, but I'm not sure how to do that.
Things that I have tried:
I changed the options in DVD Maker to get the DVD to burn Medium and Slow - neither option made a difference.
I went into Movie Maker and disabled the AVI Decompresison filter and then published to DVD, that is in process (next post in 3-4 hours or so).
My next attempt is to take DVD burner out of another machine and install it on the Vista Ultimate box and see if I have any better results.
Any other suggestions/ideas are welcome...