Windows DVD Maker

Mark Coffman's Windows Vista DVD Maker Tutorials and Help

Welcome to Windows DVD Maker Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Dvd stops burning at 0.7%..??

Last post 01-25-2009, 11:11 PM by Just2Reply. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-13-2008, 10:45 AM 1236

Dvd stops burning at 0.7%..??

Okay I JUST bought this computer a few days ago (I love it) and i got it so that I could Burn my Wedding onto DVDS for my family(plus my other computer blew up) When I found Windows DVD Maker I was thrilled, but now that i have made this dvd it wont burn. I was online with Gateway last night and we know it's not my disc drive or burner, and I have the right discs, When I try to burn my dvd it stops encoding at 0.7% and is VERY slow, ths computer is the fastest that I havde ever owned so it is odd that this woul go slow. I dont know what to do! has anyone ever encountered this problem before??
  •  12-28-2008, 7:42 PM 1296 in reply to 1236

Re: Dvd stops burning at 0.7%..??

hi,

i have the same problem...im encoding right now and its about 30% so it usually stops at 50% .....the problem is actually encountered on when you try to publish it...i tried to publish my video and i got an error saying that source files are missing.  I am still trying to get help in figuring this out, because if it cant publish then it wont encode....let me know if you got yours resolved....many people have this problem.

thanks

•  12-31-2008, 8:47 AM 1303 in reply to 1296

DVD burns, but only the main screen and bout 5 min of movie

Ok, so I have burned bout 70 DVD’s  with this program, and they have all worked perfectly. Now, I ran out of blank DVD’s bout two months ago  (I believe they were Memorex,  but that shouldn’t really matter right?), and for Christmas I got 100 Nexxtech DVD-R’s so I try burning 3 DVD’s different movies. It looks like it burns them just fine. The bar goes all the way to 100%, but I go to play them and its all good at first. The menu screen is fine, music n all. But it only plays bout 5 minutes of the movie, at the most. So I look at the bottom of the DVD’s and there not even a quarter burned. Please help me out and e-mail the answer to footballmania24@hotmail.com if you would plz.

Thanks,

D-Dogg

•  01-02-2009, 5:50 PM 1305 in reply to 1236

I have the exact same problem except mine stops burning at .3% encoding. Can anyone help?
  •  01-04-2009, 10:09 PM 1310 in reply to 1305

Mine does the exact same thing. Gets to .3% encoding and then stops. I've been using those programs online to make some dvd's, but they're only trials and leave watermarks.

Really need some help working DVD maker, I was thinking of downloading "Windows Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker SDK" from Microsoft.com, to see if it might help. What do you guys think?

•  01-07-2009, 8:44 AM 1313 in reply to 1236

Me too.  I begin burning my videos using Windows DVD Maker and it stops at .04% if I'm burning slow or medium and .05% on fast.  Is it this codec thing?  If so, how do I, "...to remove all existing codecs before installing the packs, if you do not it could lead to compatibility issues."  I've downloaded the AVSvideoconvertor file, but haven't installed it yet.
  •  01-25-2009, 11:11 PM 1378 in reply to 1313

All of these threads sounds exactly what happened to me and changing the compatibility issues allowed (numerous) successful burns.

In Windows MOVIE MAKER Select Tools | Options | Compatibility tab

you will see all of the video/audio programs that have CODECS that might be interfering with your encoding and burning.

I didn't fool around trying to figure out which was which, I disabled all of them EXCEPT .AVI Compressor

I am volunteering ideas. Solutions that work for me may not work for you
    VISTA Home Premium SP1 on
    HP Slimline
    DUO CPU 2.60 GHz
    3.00 GB RAM
    &
    Toshiba Satellite L300D
    AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual-Core Processor
    1.90 GHz
    3.00 GB RAM
View as RSS news feed in XML