Windows DVD Maker

Mark Coffman's Windows Vista DVD Maker Tutorials and Help

Welcome to Windows DVD Maker Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Cannot create the DVD. Stops creating DVD at 98 percent.

Last post 03-05-2009, 7:40 AM by Just2Reply. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-04-2009, 9:59 AM 1553

Cannot create the DVD. Stops creating DVD at 98 percent.

This is a problem I had before where I fixed it, but I can't remember what I did.  However, when publishing the DVD Maker, it goes through the functions and begins to create, but when it reaches 98 percent, it stops and gives me the following message:   

The DVD could not be burned because an error occurred.  Try using another blank disc and make sure that your DVD burner is connected and working properly. 

I know the burner is working fine, because I'm able to burn CDs and plus I pop in a new DVD but still get the same message. 

What can I do as I've tried to reset the defaults and it still doesn't work.  HELP! HELP! HELP!

•  03-04-2009, 2:20 PM 1554 in reply to 1553

Re: Cannot create the DVD. Stops creating DVD at 23 percent.

I have a similar problem to this.  I first created  5 different 6-10 minute movies in windows movie maker with footage from a sony HD Handycam.  I published these videos to the computer and went to the DVD Menu and added all 5 published video sections to the DVD Maker.  When I add these 5 clips it encodes to 23% and stops and stall out for hours.  I get no error message it just sits there at 23%.  Then When I add 3 out of the 5 clips it will burn.  but it will not burn with all 5 clips.  What is going on.  Alreakdy tried to turn the codecs off and re-publish them to a DVD but then I get the error message everytime and i cannot add the new clips with the codecs turned off to the DVD Menu.  What a frustrating problem.  Does anyone think that if I got a new Sony Movie Maker program that it would help eliminate these problems, and what are some suggestions?

•  03-04-2009, 2:20 PM 1555 in reply to 1554

hoov9993:

I have a similar problem to this.  I first created  5 different 6-10 minute movies in windows movie maker with footage from a sony HD Handycam.  I published these videos to the computer and went to the DVD Menu and added all 5 published video sections to the DVD Maker.  When I add these 5 clips it encodes to 23% and stops and stall out for hours.  I get no error message it just sits there at 23%.  Then When I add 3 out of the 5 clips it will burn.  but it will not burn with all 5 clips.  What is going on.  Alreakdy tried to turn the codecs off and re-publish them to a DVD but then I get the error message everytime and i cannot add the new clips with the codecs turned off to the DVD Menu.  What a frustrating problem.  Does anyone think that if I got a new Sony Movie Maker program that it would help eliminate these problems, and what are some suggestions?

•  03-05-2009, 7:40 AM 1556 in reply to 1554

Both of these problems certainly sounds like a codec compatibility issue (even though you said they were  'turned off' - the proper codec(s) are required however)

Check in Movie Maker 'Tools' and see what codecs are loaded - there is probably a conflict in (at least) the 2 clips not burning [you may want to try unchecking the Sony codecs first actually....I had to uncheck the VHS to DVD codecs with mine, even though it was THE converted file from VHS that I was trying to publish/burn].

Once you've checked (or unchecked) the codecs, try publishing the MM project to DVD rather than computer and then pulling them into DVD.  

I am volunteering ideas. Solutions that work for me may not work for you
    VISTA Home Premium SP1 on
    HP Slimline
    DUO CPU 2.60 GHz
    3.00 GB RAM
    &
    Toshiba Satellite L300D
    AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual-Core Processor
    1.90 GHz
    3.00 GB RAM
View as RSS news feed in XML