Windows DVD Maker

Mark Coffman's Windows Vista DVD Maker Tutorials and Help

Welcome to Windows DVD Maker Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

DVD Maker Wont Let Me Add Files

Last post 12-23-2009, 3:46 AM by openewer. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-24-2009, 7:11 PM 1575

DVD Maker Wont Let Me Add Files

So when i try to add files it comes up with a message that says avi file is not valid or is corrupt. The weird thing is that if my buddy adds the same file on his computer everything works fine for him. What could be wrong?
  •  03-28-2009, 8:39 PM 1586 in reply to 1575

Re: DVD Maker Wont Let Me Add Files

It could simply be a codec compatibility issue.  Go into movie maker and check your codecs - if your buddy has movie maker too, check and see what codecs differ. 

I am volunteering ideas. Solutions that work for me may not work for you
    VISTA Home Premium SP1 on
    HP Slimline
    DUO CPU 2.60 GHz
    3.00 GB RAM
    &
    Toshiba Satellite L300D
    AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual-Core Processor
    1.90 GHz
    3.00 GB RAM
  •  04-02-2009, 4:55 AM 1598 in reply to 1575

Windows Movie Maker is a basic video editing and creating software developed by Microsoft. It contains features such as effects, transitions, titles/credits, audio track, timeline narration, and Auto Movie. The accepted formats for import by Windows Movie Maker are WMV, .AVI, MPG, .ASF, .WMA, .WAV, and MP3.

Puzzled about how to import DVD to Windows Movie Maker for further editing? iOrgSoft DVD Ripper can do that job. Not only rip DVD to Windows Movie Maker acceptable videos including AVI, WMV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, ASF, but also convert DVD to MPEG-4, MOV, AVC (H.264), MOV, 3GP, FLV, SWF.

Tutorial: How to Rip DVD to Windows Movie Maker, import DVD to Windows Movie Maker?

Step1: Locate your favorite DVD to the program-DVD to Windows Movie Maker.

Step 2: Specify output video format compatible for Windows Movie Maker, like AVI.

Step 3: Click “start” button to start the process of ripping DVD movies to .AVI video.

•  04-02-2009, 7:02 AM 1599 in reply to 1598

Your attempt to solicit sales of a dvd conversion program does not address the problem in this thread - presuming of course, that d_entus_04's buddy doesn't have the dvd ripper you refer to.

If anything, it appears having one (or more) dvd conversion programs can cause even more codec compatibility issues using DVDmaker.

.....and for what it's worth, Windows Movie Maker also supports .VOB video files - provided codec compatibility is addressed within Movie Maker.  All of the movies I have imported have been .vob videos.

I am volunteering ideas. Solutions that work for me may not work for you
    VISTA Home Premium SP1 on
    HP Slimline
    DUO CPU 2.60 GHz
    3.00 GB RAM
    &
    Toshiba Satellite L300D
    AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual-Core Processor
    1.90 GHz
    3.00 GB RAM
  •  12-17-2009, 4:38 PM 2279 in reply to 1575

I have the same problem. It doesn't work on my computer but it works on my brother's. Have you figured it out yet or does anyone have any idea why this happens or how to fix it? As far as I know neither one of us have any codecs or anything like that. They're new computers. Thanks.
  •  12-23-2009, 3:46 AM 2297 in reply to 1575

Christmas Wishes 2009 – Fantastic Free Gift . Music Video

Christmas Wishes and New Year Greetings to Your Friends

How time flies! Christmas 2009 is around the corner and New Year, too! I would like to share with you a fantastic free gift for your family, relatives and friends. It is a sweet music video and it is free. You may send the gift to anyone on the Internet easily when Christmas comes (Ready made wishes to be sent by MSN, Yahoo Messenger, Skype or emails to your friends).

Greetings Page:

http://www.web-video-player.com/music-video-christmas/merry-christmas.html

View as RSS news feed in XML