I don't think we get to choose our own chapters. This is what the MS web site says about it:
"Windows DVD Maker automatically creates intelligent chapter points by analyzing the photos and videos and creating compelling motion video thumbnails. Using your remote control, you can easily navigate between chapters when viewing the DVD."
"Scenes are created for your DVD based on the type and number of files that you add to the DVD. You can have more control over how scenes appear on your DVD by understanding how scenes are created in Windows DVD Maker. A DVD can have up to 18 total scenes.
If you add more than one video file, Windows Movie Maker project file, or a combination of video files, pictures, and Windows Movie Maker project files, then one scene is created for each one of the following things:
• Windows Movie Maker project file.
• Video file.
• Slide show (which is a group of pictures).
If you add only one file to the DVD (for example one video file, one Windows Movie Maker project, or one slide show), then:
• Multiple scenes are created for the added Windows Movie Maker project file by dividing the project into equal lengths and creating a scene for each part.
• Multiple scenes are created based on time stamps so that video recorded around the same time is kept together (if the video file has time stamps in it).
Time stamps are added by the DV camera when video is recorded. As a result, the time stamp information appears in the imported video file as well.
• Multiple scenes are created for the added video file by dividing the video into equal lengths and creating a scene for each video segment (if there is no time stamp information in the video file).
• Multiple scenes are created for the slide show by dividing the slide show into equal lengths and creating a scene for each part."
Also see these posts:
Vista Home Premium
HP Pavilion - 2 GB